Are you trying to watch what you eat but still have a craving for your favorite comfort foods? Here is a way to make your pizza and eat it, too! Cauliflower Pizza crust is a great guilt-free. low-carb and gluten-free option that tastes delicious!
1 medium-sized head of cauliflower (makes about 2-3 cups once processed OR buy a bag of already riced refrigerated or riced cauliflower
¼ t. sea salt
½ t. dried basil
¼ t. dried oregano
1 t. garlic salt OR 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
1/4 c. shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 c. mozzarella cheese
** pizza sauce & toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and spray it with olive spritzer or coconut oil non-stick spray (or use a silicon baking mat)
- Cut off the florets of the cauliflower-cutting off as much of the stem as possible. Place the florets in a food processor and “rice it” by pulsing the food processor *Be very careful not to over process or it will turn to a puree! (Skip this step if using pre-riced cauliflower)
- The cauliflower should come out looking almost grain like.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 4 minutes
- Pour it out on a kitchen towel or paper towels and wring the water out of it
- Place in a bowl and mix in all the other ingredients, except sauce & toppings
- Using your hands, take the mixture and make it into 2 balls
- Place each ball on the parchment paper and flatten each out to a pizza shape – not too thick or thin!
- Slide parchment onto cookie sheet or pizza stone, place in oven and bake until the edges start to get golden brown and the middle sets – about 8-12 minutes. Flip over and bake another few 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Put your favorite no-sugar pizza sauce and toppings on and cook on 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melting and starting to brown.
* Suggested toppings: tomatoes, olives, chicken sausage, turkey pepperoni, artichoke hearts, spinach, arugula, diced chicken, mushrooms, eggplant, peppers, garlic, smoked salmon