My favorite quick and easy appetizer for a crowd. It is the perfect blend of salty and sweet, crunchy and chewy. Dates are low fat, yet high in protein and fiber. Dates have natural sugar for an energy boost, so just 2 or 3 is enough to satisfy any craving!
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Press 1 or 2 almonds inside each date
3. Wrap ½ piece of bacon around each date
4. Insert toothpick through bacon and date
5. Put on foil lined baking pan or cooling rack on top of baking pan (so fat can drip away!)
6. Bake for 10 minutes
7. Turn dates over and bake another 8 – 12 minutes until crisp.